Register Now


Lost Password

Enter your email to reset your password.

BY Author

National Assembly – thegkworld

National Assembly – thegkworld

National Assembly of Pakistan thegkworld
National Assembly of Pakistan thegkworld

National Assembly thegkworld: The National Assembly (NA) is the lesser chamber of the bicameral Council of Shura, which also includes the President of Pakistan and the Senate of Pakistan. The National Assembly and the Senate meet in the House of Representatives in Islamabad.

The National Assembly is a democratically elected body of 336 members. Before the 25th Amendment, which was 342, referred to as ANM members, of which 272. They were directly elected and 70 seats reserved for women and religious minorities. On 137 seats to obtain and retain the majority.

Members Elected

Members are elected through the first post system under the universal adult suffrage. Representing constituencies known as the constituencies of the National Assembly. According to the constitution, the 70 seats Reserved to women and religious minorities are allocated to political parties according to their comparative representation.

Each National Assembly is formed for a period of five years, from the date of the first session, and thereafter it is automatically resolved. Currently, the National Assembly cannot be resolved by the President of Pakistan, is resolved by the Prime Minister of Pakistan. The National Assembly has an advantage over the Senate through exclusive legislation on financial matters.

However, with the exception of tickets, both chambers work together to carry out the basic work of Parliament, that is, the development of laws. The bill on the federal legislative list can be established in either chamber.

Council of Ministers: National Assembly

In the composition of the Council of Ministers, the majority (75%) goes to the National Assembly. While the rest (25%) is taken from the Senate. There is a democratic procedure to remove the prime minister from office. If he loses the confidence of the majority of the members of the National Assembly.

In this regard, the decision to vote with no confidence shall be taken by at least 20% of the total members of the National Assembly. In the event of a state of emergency, Parliament has the power to extend the mandate of the National Assembly.

General Accounts Committee

Only the National Assembly, through the General Accounts Committee. Examines public expenditure and controls the expenditure incurred by the Government. Members of the National Assembly shall be elected by a direct and free vote in accordance with the law.

The 13th National Assembly elections were held on 18 February 2008. On 17 March 2013. The 13th National Assembly was dissolved at the end of a five-year period under Article 52 of the Constitution. Pakistan’s general election, 2013 (of the 14th National Assembly) was held on May 11, 2013.

Members of National Council

The 14 members of the National Council were sworn in on 1 June 2013. The 14th National Assembly was dissolved on 31 May 2018 upon completion of its 5-year term. Article 52 of the Constitution. The 15th National Council of Pakistan was sworn in on 13 August 2018.

Leave a reply